Need advice fast? Call us for a FREE initial consultation on
0116 254 6246 / 01332 595 020 or email:
24hr emergency line for police station advice & representation


An injunction is a court order that requires someone to do or not to do something. There are two main types of injunctions available under Part IV of the Family Law Act 1996:.

  • A non-molestation order- is aimed at preventing your partner or ex-partner from using or threatening violence against you or your child, or intimidating, harassing or pestering you, in order to ensure the health, safety and well-being of yourself and your children.
  • An occupation order- regulates who can live in the family home, and can also restrict your abuser from entering the surrounding area. If you do not feel safe continuing to live with your partner, or if you have left home because of violence, but want to return and exclude your abuser, you may want to apply for an occupation order.

If you think any of the eventualities mentioned above apply to you and you may need an injunction, we’re here to help. Our solicitors have many years of family law practice, so when you come to us you will receive expert legal advice as standard to achieve a fair outcome for all.

We can also advise and support those who have had allegations of domestic violence made against them. Our experts can explain what this means, the impact it might have on you, and what steps you need to take to achieve the best outcome.

  • Share this: