Need advice fast? Call us for a FREE initial consultation on
0116 254 6246 / 01332 595 020 or email:
24hr emergency line for police station advice & representation

Travel Documents

If UKBA has recognised you as a refugee and given you asylum in the United Kingdom, you and the members of your family can apply for travel documents to allow you to travel outside the United Kingdom. You will not be allowed to travel to your country of origin.

These documents will be what are called ‘convention travel documents’, because they are provided in a way that is set out in part of the 1951 United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees. UKBA will give you these travel documents unless they believe there are extremely good reasons to refuse, such as to protect national security.

It is also best to consult our firm so we can assist you directly with your concern. We can assist you in obtaining Travel Documents on your behalf so that you can travel outside of the UK without the need for a passport. Including completing the application for you, collating the correct documentation and endorsing photographs.

  • Share this: