Need advice fast? Call us for a FREE initial consultation on
0116 254 6246 / 01332 595 020 or email:
24hr emergency line for police station advice & representation


In the instance that a student wishes to enter the UK in order to carry out a short course of study during a visit, applications can be made to do so under a student visitor visa. The period of application for UK residency can not exceed that of six months.

Applicants must be aged 18 or over, and must already have proof of acceptance within the course of study, which must be facilitated by one of the following:

  • An education provider holding a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the points-based system.
  • An education provider accredited by an accreditation body approved through the UK Border Agency.
  • An education provider inspected or audited by either the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted), Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Education in Scotland, Estyn in Wales, Northern Ireland’s Education and Training Inspectorate or the Independent Schools Inspectorate.
  • An overseas higher education institution offering only part of its programme within the UK, holding its own national accreditation, and offering programmes that are of an equivalent level to a UK degree.

There is a considerable amount of information that you need to know when applying for a student visa. Consult with our specialist Immigration team to assist you in deciding the best option based on your circumstances. We are always available to assist our phone lines are manned 24 hours a day.

  • Share this: