• Have a Query?


  • Leicester Number

    0116 254 6246

  • Emergency Call?


Entertainer Visa

  • Home
  • /
  • Entertainer Visa

If you would like to come to the UK to perform a concert, charity gig or something of that sort, then you will be in need of an Entertainers Visa. However, there are some eligibility requirements that you will need to meet.

You can come to the UK on an Entertainer Visa if you are;

• An entertainer
• From outside the EEA or Switzerland
• Meet all relevant eligibility requirements

You will have to show that you are coming to the UK;

• To take part in a performance either individually or in a group
• Taking part in a music competition
• To perform at a major permit free listed festival
• To be part of the technical support staff of the person with the Entertainer Visa
• As a professional part of the entourage i.e stage manager
• As an Internationally famous person taking part in a free broadcast or performance


Whilst you are here on an Entertainer Visa you are not allowed to receive payment however you may be able to if it is for performing at a permit free listed festival.

If you are coming to the UK for any other paid performance you will have to apply for a Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa.

Requirements for an Entertainer Visitor Visa

• Genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by the applicant and not exceeding 6 months or 12 months for those seeking entry as an academic visitor

• Intention to leave at the end of period of stay as stated on the visa

• Has no intention in taking any paid employment in the UK

• Has no intention of selling goods or providing services in the UK

• Has no intention of undertaking any type of course of study unless it is deemed to be permitted study

• Will maintain themselves financially and accommodate themselves and any dependants that they have without using public funds i.e by relatives or friends

• Can show that they can afford their onward journey from the UK or return to their home country

• Applicant cannot be a person under the age of 18

• Has no intention of marrying or entering in to a civil partnership whilst in the UK

• Has no intention of receiving private medical treatment


How long before my intended visit do I have to apply for a VISA, and how long will it take?

Visit Visas should be applied 3 months before intended travel and a decision on your application should be made within 3 weeks.

How long will my VISA be valid for once I obtain it?

The Visa is valid for up to 6 months or up to 1 year if you are on an academic visitor visa. You can extend your visa for a maximum of 10 years as long as you are not staying over 6 months during each given time.