The Tier 2 Sportsman Visa is for sportspeople who wish to expand their career choices and develop their sports careers here in the UK. Workers for this visa must have a certificate of sponsorship from a sports organisation.
Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa applicants must have funds of at least £945, and must have had this amount consistently for 3 months or more, unless their Tier 2 sponsor can guarantee their maintenance with the UK Home Office. Only 'A rated' sponsors have this option.
You will be able to apply for a UK Sportsperson visa if you meet all of the following conditions:
• You are a non-EEA and non-Swiss national.
• You are an elite sportsperson or qualified coach.
• Your sport’s governing body has recognized you as being at the highest level of your profession internationally.
• Your sport’s governing body is endorsing your application.
• Your employment will develop your sport in the UK at the highest level.
• You meet the other eligibility requirements.
How long before my intended visit do I have to apply for a VISA, and how long will it take?
Visit Visas should be applied 3 months before intended travel and a decision on your application should be made within 3 weeks.
How long can I stay in the UK once I obtain my VISA?
A Tier 2 UK Sportsperson Visa is valid for a maximum of three years. Before the expiration of your visa, you can apply for a visa extension for another up to three years. The maximum that you can stay in UK with a Sportsperson Visa is six years.
In the UK there are different immigration rules for students, spouses or Foreign Office workers and au pairs. The rules also Vary depending on its to whether the individual wants to live in the UK on a temporary or permanent basis.
From the very beginning by representation at a police station to presenting a case to the Court of Appeal we are motivated by the same goal, to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.